What is a Crown?
A crown acts as a replacement tooth, or ‘hat’ for your remaining tooth that prevents it from further damage. It can be made from porcelain, ceramic, gold or metal.
Why would I choose to have a Crown?
- To cover worn or ground down, broken, or chipped teeth
- To ‘cap’ a root canal for protection
What are the benefits of a Crowns?
- Protects your tooth from further decay, damage, trauma and erosion
- A crown is custom made to fit your mouth and feels like a natural tooth
- Porcelain crowns replicate the translucency of natural tooth enamel and can be colour matched to your other teeth, blending in unnoticed
- Provide better chewing support, making it easier to eat the foods you love
- They are stain resistant