What is a Dental Implant?
A Dental Implant is a titanium post that supports a dental crown to replace a missing tooth.
Why would I choose to have a Dental Implant?
- To permanently replace missing tooth roots following extraction, so that a new tooth can be fitted.
- To fill gaps in the mouth.
- To avoid the need for dentures.
What are the benefits of a Dental Implant?
- They behave like a normal tooth in strength and function.
- Reduces the strain on neighbouring teeth, acting as a support structure and permanent foundation for crowns, bridges & dentures.
- Improved speech and ease of eating, due to permanent tooth positioning and no gaps in mouth.
- Improved comfort as they fuse with your bone, becoming part of you.
- By helping to keep your jaw bone strong and preventing jaw bone loss, they can help to preserve and support your facial structure.
- Natural looking teeth that sit flush to the gum line.
- Confidence in your smile.
- Improved appearance and self-esteem.
- A permanent procedure, anchored to the jaw bone, unlike removable denture.
- No need for neighbouring teeth to be cut down or removed.
- Improved oral health as more of your own teeth are left intact and implants allow for easier access between your existing teeth, which improves your oral hygiene.
- They have the potential to last a lifetime with the right oral health care.
- Easy to maintain, requiring the same care as natural teeth.